Unity Church of Christianity in Valley Stream was founded in January 1950. The first members were drawn together to study and worship. They met for six years in the Valley Stream Post Office. Through their vision, dedication to Truth Principles, and hard work, they purchased the barn located at 14 E. Mineola Avenue. In the following decades the Church expanded and purchased the adjacent property and built the current sanctuary under the ministry of The Rev. E. Pat Filiaut, Minister Emeritus.
The Sanctuary is located at 14 East Mineola Avenue. Church offices, which are affectionately called Unity House, are located at 17 E. Valley Stream Blvd.